Home › STEP: Savings Through Efficient Products
STEP: Savings Through Efficient Products
Qualified Illinois public schools and public park facilities can receive free, easy-to-install energy saving products through the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s (MEEA) Savings Through Efficient Products (STEP) program. For more information visit www.mwalliance.org/programs/step or contact [email protected].
Free Products* Include:
- LED Exit Signs
- Low-flow Faucet Aerators
- Low-flow Showerheads
- Kitchen Pre-rinse Green Nozzles
- Vending Machine Controls
- Occupancy Sensors
- Outdoor LED Screw-in Bulbs
- STEP begins with a free, professional facility assessment with your maintenance team to identify the right energy saving products for you.
- The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) provides a useful report outlining the free products you’ll receive, details about how MEEA can help you save even more money though our second tier retrofit program, and information about additional statewide programs to help you save big.
- Your facilities team installs the free energy saving products within three months of delivery.
- Result: In the first year, your facility could save up to the average annual energy usage of a single family residential home!
To learn more or find out if your facility qualifies for the STEP program, contact Catie Krasner at 312.784.7259 or [email protected].
*Free products are available to Illinois public facilities that fall within Ameren, ComEd, Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, or North Shore Gas service territories.
Funding for the STEP program is provided the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Energy Office
Walk-through at Fox Chase Elementary in Oswego, IL
Grace an Engineering Graduate student with ERC out of UIC conducting a walk-through
John conducting a walk-through at Woodstock High School